We strive to introduce and teach the Chinese language and cultural traditions to all children and young people, while building a good relationship with the local communities.
Linxian Chinese School
The main aim of Linxian Chinese School is to provide an excellent education in a safe, supportive learning environment, where people are valued and make positive contributions to the our communities and where public go on to become responsible, independent members of society. We strive to introduce and teach the Chinese language and cultural traditions to all children and young people, while building a good relationship with the local communities.
We are here to promote the Chinese language and culture to children and young people between the ages of six and eighteen years; through different activities such as dance, martial art, Chinese chess, story writing, Chinese calligraphy and Chinese literature in order to encourage students to participate in extra-curriculum activities outside of the school environment and develop self-confidence. At the same time, we will support students from different background to achieve B and above grades in GCSE and A-Level Chinese languages by following the British Modern Foreign Language syllabus of national curriculum.
In order to achieve our aim of overall development for each pupil a comprehensive range of extra-curricular activities is organized by the staff and student union. These include participation in every major sport, dance, drama, music and a variety of clubs. These take place after school and half term holidays. There are also opportunities for the children to participate in residential courses, field work and educational visits.
We are extremely proud of the pupils` achievements and the facilities available for them. Their achievements are made possible through the dedicated hard work of the highly talented and professional teachers that we are lucky to have at Linxian Chinese School.
This year 2015, we had five GCSE students got A* grade, five AS students and one A2 student got A grade.
Linxian Chinese School achievements recognised in the local newspaper
Chinese school new year celebration event is on 4th February 2017 More details to follow.
- Chinese folk dance workshop
- Chinese writing calligraphy workshop
- Chinese Chess workshop
- Martial Art workshop
- Chinese song singing workshop
- Chinese Chess competition 2007 & 2008 (students and other school student joining the competition)
- Family making Chinese lantern competition in 2010 and 2011, 2011/2012, 2012/2013
- National open college network 12 credits at level three of Working with Learners of Community languages.
- Effective management of supplementary community school with 12 credits awards.
- Bronze Award of Pan-London Supplementary School Quality Frame Work for Tower Hamlets Chinese School ( documental file had handed in for judge, waiting for the result )
- Certificate of child protection officer
- This year 2015, we had five GCSE students got A* grade, five AS students and one A2 student got A grade.